Our busy downtown Ottawa law office is looking for a legal assistant with corporate and real estate experience. If you are looking for a career position, this role may be ideal for you. Working closely with one lawyer, with standard working hours from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, the successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of files in the following practice areas: real estate (commercial and residential), real estate development, commercial/corporate work and estate planning and administration. Salary level is commensurate with experience and health benefits and pension matching are provided.
Specific Duties of the Role Include:
- Preparing various transactional documents;
- Managing closing activities for real estate and commercial transactions;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Preparing invoices and requisitioning cheques;
- Preparing paperwork to open and close client files;
- Reconciling accounting information for billing;
- Preparing monthly work-in-progress reports;
- Suggesting process improvements for matters;
- Scheduling appointments;
- Diarizing deadlines; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A university degree, college degree, or equivalent of 7 or more years’ work experience in an area related to law;
- Strong knowledge of purchase and sale transactions for both residential (new construction and resale) and commercial properties;
- Strong knowledge of incorporation, amendment and dissolution of corporations;
- Working knowledge of wills, codicils and powers of attorney;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter;
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate time management/organizational skills;
- Professional and highly dependable;
- Highly detail oriented and able to multi-task.
It would be preferable for candidates to have the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of OnCorp, PC Law, Fast Company, Estate-a-Base, Conveyancer and Teraview
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Windows
To apply for this position, please click here.