Legal Assistant - Estates, Corporate & Real Estate
Our busy downtown Ottawa law office is looking for a legal assistant with experience. If you are looking for a career position, this role may be ideal for you. Working closely with one lawyer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of files in the following practice areas: real estate (commercial and residential), commercial/corporate work and estate planning and administration. Salary level is commensurate with experience and health benefits and pension matching are provided.
Specific Duties of the Role Include:
- Preparing documents and drafting correspondence
- Managing closing activities for real estate and commercial transactions
- All aspects of file management including billing
- Scheduling appointments and calendarizing deadlines
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A university degree, college degree, or equivalent of five years’ work experience in an area related to real estate or corporate law
- Knowledge of real estate and corporate transactions as well as estate planning and administration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to demonstrate time management and organizational skills
- Professional and highly dependable
- Highly detail oriented and able to multi-task
It would be preferable for candidates to have knowledge of some or all of OnCorp, PC Law, Fast Company, Estate-a-Base, Conveyancer and Teraview.
To apply for this position, please click here.