Banking & Finance
For businesses seeking financing we can help you:
- Prepare your business and financials before seeking financing
- Review and assess the financing options available
- Review security and guarantees available to support the loan
- Evaluate the merits of share and equity financing and loans
We work with all the leading lending and financing institutions in Eastern Ontario and beyond and regularly advise clients on financing agreements and with:
- Commercial banking institutions
- Venture capital investors
- Private equity houses
- Private loans and investors
If you are looking for financing options to fund your business, or an investor lending to a business, we would be pleased to help advise you on the options that would best suit your needs.
Banking & Lending Experience
Recent work highlights include:
- Acted for a Crown Corporation, as lender, in the $3.6 Million secured financing of an Ottawa-based automobile retailer with assets in Quebec and Ontario.
- Advised material science innovators Smarter Alloys (Innovative Processing Technologies Inc.) on an equity financing worth $1.5M.
- Acted for ASE Smart Energy Inc. with regards to $645,000 including an equity subscription for $300,000 and a Convertible Debenture in favour of the Centre for Excellence in Energy Efficiency for $345,000.
- Advised Montreal based Fin-XO Securities Inc. on two private placements of unsecured convertible debentures, common shares and warrants by Digital Shelf Space in the total amount of $1,600,000.
- Acted as special Canadian counsel to a Dutch-based construction company with respect to an international syndicated financing in the amount of $55MM.
- Advised cloud computing firm AFORE Solutions Inc. on its recent $6M funding round with the BDC Venture Capital IT Fund. Represented Discovery Air Inc. on its new $25M loan facility with CIBC.
- Acted for semi-conductor manufacturer GaN Systems Inc. on closing its second round of Venture Capital funding from Chrysalix Energy Venture Capital and RockPort Capital.
- Acted for a venture capital fund on a $3.1M equity investment in a manufacturer of tarps for flatbed trailers for the trucking industry. Advised Fin-XO with respect to Sunora Foods Inc.’s qualifying transaction with Thoroughbred Capital Inc., as well as the concurrent private placement of $1,100,000.
- Acted for the lending institution on the $26M financing of a power plant construction project.
- Acted for an aviation company with respect to a $15M credit facility for aircraft acquisition.
- Advised for the developers on a 3P project agreement with a municipality for the design, construction, management and operation of an exposition hall.
- Acted for a borrower in the aviation sector on the first round ($6.5M), second round ($4.5M) and third round ($21.5M) financing for asset acquisition.
- Acted for the borrower in the aviation sector on a $6.5M debenture financing.
- Acted for venture capital funds in the $6.75M equity financing and $3.75M convertible debenture financing of a technology company.