For many businesses, the area of employment law is a constantly changing minefield, particularly for organizations that do not have a senior HR resource in-house. On the one hand, recruiting and developing new talent in your organization is critical for meeting the current and future needs of the business. On the other hand, any misstep along the way could result in a dispute that is lengthy and costly and which distracts you from the on-going running of the business.
Our Services for Employers
Our employment law team specializes in helping small and medium size businesses avoid these disputes by providing regular and proactive counsel to employers on their day-to-day HR issues. By tapping into our expertise as and when needed you can help avoid employment disputes in the future.
Our day-to-day advice also includes:
- Drafting employment policies and procedures
- Preparing employment contracts
- Executive compensation and incentive packages
- Mergers and acquisitions employment implications
- Termination packages
- Occupational health & safety
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities
If a dispute does arise, our team of employment litigators offers the experience needed to handle any dispute. We have appeared before the numerous administrative tribunals and the Courts to resolve disputes involving:
- Human rights claims, including pay equity and discrimination claims
- Employment standards claims
- Wrongful dismissal claims
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board issues
- Workplace investigations and union grievances
Meet Your Employment Team
If you would like to discuss how we can help protect your organization with its on-going employment law needs or discuss a dispute you are facing, please call or email a member of the employment law team.