André is a fluently bilingual partner in the Business Group at Kelly Santini LLP practicing in the areas of corporate law, real estate and estate planning. He works closely with his clients and provides the legal strategies and services best suited to their specific business needs.
His wide range of work includes asset and share transactions, corporate re-organizations and restructurings, commercial financing, leasing and other various contractual matters. In addition, he combines his business law expertise with effective estate planning solutions for his many entrepreneurial clients.
In recent years, André has worked with clients across a wide selection of industry sectors including real estate development, retail, franchising, professional services and medical corporations. André also advises many clients on personal matters including residential real estate, wills, trusts and power of attorney. André also draws on his knowledge and experience with condominium developers to serve clients in residential condominium transactions.
Some of André's recent work highlights include:
- Acted for the vendors on the $4.5 million sale of a pharmacy and associated property which involved the subsequent wind-up of an individual pension plan benefitting the vendors.
- Acted for an independent insurance broker on its corporate restructuring and its subsequent partial acquisition through share purchase and subscription by a major insurance provider. The transaction included negotiating the company shareholders’ agreement and an employment agreement for the selling principal.
- Acted for the vendor on the $1 million share sale of a dental practice and associated interest in real property.
- Acting for Theberge Homes on the development of the following projects (i) East Central, a 16 unit new condominium project; (ii) Westwood Hill Lofts, a refurbishment and sale of 78 condominium units; (iii) Westpines, a 16 unit new condominium project; (iv) The Wellington at Island Park, a 45 unit new condominium project; and (v) Alta Vista Ridge, a new multiple condominium project including a phased condominium and reciprocal use agreement
- Acting for a real estate investment company on the $33M re-financing of 260 unit apartment complex.
- Acted on the $2.1M management buyout and vendor take back financing of a building centre which is a member of the Home Hardware co-operative