Best Practices in Preventing and Managing Litigation for Small and Growing Businesses – Webinar Recording
Best Practices in Preventing and Managing Litigation for Small and Growing Businesses
Business disputes are inevitable. Litigation is not. But the more established a business becomes, the more likely you will be involved in a commercial or employment dispute at some point. In this
|Hiring Your First Employee – Webinar Recording
|Legal Considerations For Your Growing Business – Webinar Recording
|Legal Considerations When Starting a Small Business – Webinar Recording
webinar, civil litigator and employment lawyer Kate Agyemang discusses the frequent causes of commercial conflicts and the steps business owners can take to proactively prevent them from derailing their business and future growth plans.
Topics covered by Kate include:
- The importance of formalizing your business structure, including:
- Incorporating and creating shareholder/partnership agreements;
- Taking out the right insurance;
- Trademarking your brand; and
- Putting in place formal contracts with all vendors and employees.
- When to bring in the right professional advisors; and
- The real risks of misclassifying employees.
If a dispute does become unavoidable, Kate offers recommendations on how best to manage the conflict so that an efficient and satisfactory resolution can be reached in the most cost effective manner. Kate covers:
- When and how to engage proactively in direct negotiations;
- Tips on reaching an agreement without incurring court costs; and
- If and when to bring in how much legal counsel to assist you.
Recorded Februrary 4, 2020.