André’s extensive knowledge, commitment to client satisfaction, and exceptional legal acumen have positioned him as a trusted advisor in his field.
André is an accomplished bilingual Partner in the Business Group at Kelly Santini LLP, specializing in corporate law, real estate, and estate planning. With a client-centric approach, he collaborates closely with his clients to develop tailored legal strategies and provide comprehensive services that address their specific business needs.
His extensive expertise encompasses a wide range of areas, including asset and share transactions, corporate re-organizations and restructurings, commercial financing, leasing, and various contractual matters. In addition to his proficiency in business law, André seamlessly integrates effective estate planning solutions for his diverse roster of entrepreneurial clients.
Throughout his career, André has successfully served clients across various industry sectors, including real estate development, retail, franchising, professional services, and medical corporations. He also provides valuable guidance on personal matters, including residential real estate, wills, trusts, and power of attorney. Leveraging his knowledge and experience in working with condominium developers, André adeptly advises clients in residential condominium transactions.
Here are some recent highlights of André’s notable work:
- Represented the vendors in a $4.5 million sale of a pharmacy and associated property, involving the subsequent wind-up of an individual pension plan benefiting the vendors.
- Assisted an independent insurance broker in corporate restructuring and its subsequent partial acquisition through share purchase and subscription by a major insurance provider. This involved negotiating the company shareholders’ agreement and an employment agreement for the selling principal.
- Acted as legal counsel for the vendor in a $1 million share sale of a dental practice and associated interest in real property.
- Currently representing Theberge Homes in the development of several projects, including East Central (a 16-unit new condominium project), Westwood Hill Lofts (refurbishment and sale of 78 condominium units), Westpines (a 16-unit new condominium project), The Wellington at Island Park (a 45-unit new condominium project), and Alta Vista Ridge (a new multiple condominium project including a phased condominium and reciprocal use agreement).
- Providing legal support to a real estate investment company in a $33 million refinancing of a 260-unit apartment complex.
- Facilitated a $2.1 million management buyout and vendor take-back financing of a building centre, which is a member of the Home Hardware co-operative.